Lucy is the owner and head instructor at Inversion Pole Fitness. She has been pole dancing for fun and fitness ever since she attended a 6 week beginners pole course in 2006. It was through this introduction to pole dancing that she became captivated by the sport and continued to teach herself to an advanced level.
She decided to create Inversion Pole Fitness so she could share her pole dancing passion and experience with others and to enable her students to develop the strength and confidence that she has acquired through the art of pole dancing.
Lucy is first aid qualified, holds public liability and professional indemnity insurance and is a certified Xpert Pole Fitness Instructor.
She was also chosen to be the cover star for the Pole Dance Community Pole Syllabus for 2013 and features in the online syllabus demonstrating the new level 6 moves. In addition to this she is a certified 3 Star PDC Approved Instructor and was the first teacher to be awarded a level 6 pole dancer grading which she passed with distinction. This is currently the highest grade awarded by the Pole Dance Community.
Lucy has taught thousands of pole fitness classes and dance parties over the last five years and has trained with elite pole dancers:
- Jenyne Butterfly (US Pole Dance Federation Champion 2009),
- Oona Kivela (Ultimate Champion- International Pole Championships 2012.)
- Jess Leanne Norris (Miss Pole Dance UK 2011)
- Daniel Rosen (UKPPC Professional category winner)
- and Karol Helms (USPDF Miss Sexy 2010).
- Felicity Logan (Miss Pole Dance UK 2012, 2013 Second place)
- Amy Guion
received private tuition from:
- Bendy Kate (World Pole Sport and Fitness Champion 2014 and Got to Dance semi finalist)
- Sarah Scott (Miss Pole Dance UK 2012)
- and Kirsty Griffiths (British Pole Superstar Professional Champion 2013)
and has attended flexibility and stretching master classes with:
- Jenyne Butterfly
- Deb Riley- Four hour intensive training)
- Felicity Logan- Contortion training
- Bendy Kate
She has also completed an Aerial Hoop Instructor course with Spin City Pole Fitness. This is a fully recognised course approved by REPs and Skills Active.
Lucy is known for her ‘strength’ pole moves and has recently been invited by other pole instructors around the country to offer her strength, handsprings and deadlifts workshops.
Lucy has also been invited to judge the following pole and aerial competitions:
‘Lancaster University Got Pole Competition 2014′- Lancaster
‘Blushette Student Championships 2014′- Manchester
‘Studio Boutique’s Pole Pageant 2014′ – Hull